What could be classified as sexting?
Any digital message that conveys sexually explicit or suggestive intent or content. This could be text messages, images, GIF, emojis, etc. The term was first popularized early in the 21st century and is a portmanteau of sex and texting. Here are some tips for your reference.
- Overcome the awkwardness, shyness, and fear caused by sexting: Before you are familiar with and master the techniques of sexting, It's crucial for you to be honest to your sexual thoughts, urges and fantasies and overcome all the negative emotions.
- Take your time and be fully relaxed: A large majority of people are afraid of being rejected or scolded of their sexuality, which can stem from the conservatively social and historical factors. Adjust your mentality and reduce the anxiety caused by sexting, take a deep breath.
- Break the routine and play something new: It's completely normal to feel anxious about what to say or it might be offensive at first. What you need to do is to slow down your pace and treat sexting as anything sensual or something needs to be escalated gradually.
- Get explicit consent: Communicating with your partner for complete consent is the most effective and polite way to sexting.
- Embed humor: It's advisable for you to start with enjoyable, humorous content instead of anything serious and intense. After you've practiced for several weeks, it's time to enter into the advanced level and play something aggressive.
- Add more descriptive details: It's details that make sexting alive and sensual. We could spice up sexting with details as many as possible to turn your partner on fast.
- Keep it precise and digestible: condense your sexting as short as possible, because few people would cost much time to read a text message.
- Avoid offensive language: You should talk to your partner before and figure out which words he would prefer and won't feel rude or overly aggressive. Lay some ground rules and make an explicit list.
- Don't message them at the wrong time: Be sensitive to their timetable and don't interrupt their daily schedule or you might get in trouble.